ezbass

NGD Semi Acoustic Content

Right, let's get this forum moving with some satiated GAS. Having tried this out last week, I pulled the trigger today and I'm ever so glad I waited, £60 off the advertised online price. I've taken off the horribly contrasting white pickguard and have set it up. Plays really nicely and those stock P90s sound great, especially the neck pickup. Minor gripes are that there a few sharpish fret ends (easily fixed) and that the pau ferro used for the fretboard has obviously been stained a bit and putting some lemon oil on the rather dry looking 'board, caused some stain to come off on my fingers. Still that's merely cosmetic and, again, easily fixable. Oh what's that I hear you say?:useless:

Very well...

IMG_1061.jpg

• Like 1

For purely aesthetic reasons I'm not at all keen on pau ferro, to the point that there's a whole load of Fenders in the current range that I wouldn't even consider because of the colour the fretboards. Shallow, I know.

Personally i think the dark stained board suits that particular guitar and colour better than an orangey natural pau ferro board would.

And it is a very nice looking guitar.

Edited by Cato