Richie Rich

Amp modeller into DI box?

mooer have quite a range of micro preamp pedals as well, most of the famous amps are accounted for.

there are also plenty of multi-effects units that have decent amp models built in with the added bonus of some effects as well (i used to use a Zoom 3030 back when i was playing electric in church) the newer zoom units are really pretty good, some will include a Di output as well which removes the exttrra connection and frees up a DI box for use elsewhere.

I'm currently researching acoustic preamp/DI units to get a better sound now that we've swapped to IEMs rather than on stage amps (i was using a Trace Acoustic Cube)

Matt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

the Behringer GDI21 is basically a clone of the Sansamp GT2, I don't have any experience with it myself but i do own 2 of the acoustic versions and am very pleased with them, the bass version is also very popular as a backup DI in case of amp failure.

for the cost you really can't go far wrong, the cases are plastic and the switch and controls feel a tiny bit flimsy but for the price they are generally excellent.

On 19/10/2021 at 08:19, Richie Rich said:

The Behringer TM300 is for for front of amp use, I was looking at Behringer GDI21 as this is a preamp modeller DI.

Has anybody used one of these?  How did you find it?

GDI21.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 17/09/2021 at 13:24, Matt P said:

mooer have quite a range of micro preamp pedals as well, most of the famous amps are accounted for.

there are also plenty of multi-effects units that have decent amp models built in with the added bonus of some effects as well (i used to use a Zoom 3030 back when i was playing electric in church) the newer zoom units are really pretty good, some will include a Di output as well which removes the exttrra connection and frees up a DI box for use elsewhere.

I'm currently researching acoustic preamp/DI units to get a better sound now that we've swapped to IEMs rather than on stage amps (i was using a Trace Acoustic Cube)

Matt

The Mooer series are really cool - http://www.mooeraudio.com/product/Pre-amp-18 If I were looking at playing out again, I'd be tempted to pick up a couple of those plus the respective power amp pedal, and either use those with a monitor direct into the PA, or I suppose use a nice 1 or 2 x12" cab with them. A lot easier and lighter than lugging a tube amp around! 

On 03/02/2022 at 16:36, EdwardMarlowe said:

The Mooer series are really cool - http://www.mooeraudio.com/product/Pre-amp-18 If I were looking at playing out again, I'd be tempted to pick up a couple of those plus the respective power amp pedal, and either use those with a monitor direct into the PA, or I suppose use a nice 1 or 2 x12" cab with them. A lot easier and lighter than lugging a tube amp around! 

i've had my eye on those Mooer preamps for a while, I have a saved search on ebay for cheap pedals so i might end up with one at some point.

one recent purchase that might appeal to the OP is the palmer  Pocket amp, it only has a few simulations but they're pretty good, i picked one up cheap and am using it as a preamp into my recording interface for practice/ noodling, Might be worth a look as they come up fairly often on ebay and often sell cheaply. (about 75 quid new)

https://www.palmer-germany.com/en/products/guitar-effects/5141/pocket-amp-mk-2

Matt

EDIT - as a bonus they have a decent DI output as well so one less thing to plug in, the only minor gripe is that it's not Phantom powered!

Edited by Matt P
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1