Beedster

Bass FX on guitar?

I use my Zoom MS-70 CDR for fx on guitar but it's faff live and so I'm about to try the Zoom B3 I have for my bass in its place (has 3 preset switches instead of 1). I'm hoping the basic fx, like delay and modulation are similar and so I'll let you know how I get on.

On the single pedal front, I recently acquired an EBS Octabass pedal for bass but it works really well on guitar. I've heard their stuff does.

I've tried my guitars through my Zoom B1on multi fx.

They only really sound good on the ultra clean or clean with a bit compression effects. You can get a nice clean funk tone.

I've also tried the basses through the G1on, and although almost all the preset effects sound horrible with a bass, there's four or five, mainly those that are mostly clean with a splash of reverb or a bit of delay that sound really good.

Edited by Cato
  • Like 1

Not a modeller but I use my Cog Effects Knightfall and Rogue One drive pedals on guitar.  They sound fantastic.  Easily prefer them to the built in drive of my TC Nova System. 

Use to use EBS tremolo and Dynaverb pedals with guitar too.  Both sounded sublime to my ears. 

Edited by gs_triumph

I finally got around to plumbing in and trying my Zoom B3 on my board with my overdrives (knocked out the Zoom MS-70CDR and TC Flashback Delay got the purpose of this).

It didn't work too well with the overdrives and thinned out the sound a bit but as was said in an earlier post, it sounded good on clean, funky sounds, in particular using something like a Hartke bass amp model and a compressor.

Verdict: Sticking with my board and pedals and keeping the B3 for bass duties (or any funk dates or recordings)