Strongles

New pick up switch for Yamaha GS200

Good afternoon, I am new to the site.  I work in an Multiple Sclerosis charity shop, repairing and Pat-testing electrical gear.  I have a Yamaha GS200 with damaged electronics, namely a badly mauled volume pot and a dicky pickup switch the likes of which I have not seen before. I'd be grateful if you could recommend a replacement pickup switch, and possibly where I can buy a volume pot designed for installation on a PCB .  Many thanks for any help you can give me.

Les

Good evening, @Strongles, and ...

Sq1J2dj.gif

Plenty to read and amuse you here, and lots to learn and share. rWNVV2D.gif

I doubt that you'll find those parts as originals, although you could try Yamaha themselves. They don't have stocks, really, but you might get lucky. I would suggest rather that you take the guitar to a reputable guitar repair shop, who will be able to replace with equivalent parts with no problems. It shouldn't cost an arm and a leg, and would be done correctly. I can't see your location; that information would help in recommending somewhere. Hope this helps. B|

18 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

Sq1J2dj.gif

I doubt that you'll find those parts as originals, although you could try Yamaha themselves. They don't have stocks, really, but you might get lucky. I would suggest rather that you take the guitar to a reputable guitar repair shop, who will be able to replace with equivalent parts with no problems. It shouldn't cost an arm and a leg, and would be done correctly. I can't see your location; that information would help in recommending somewhere. Hope this helps. B|

18 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

Sq1J2dj.gif

Thanks for your help, and I suspect you are correct.  The Yamaha parts look very different and any lash-up would be a mistake.  The only problem is that whatever we have to spend repairing th guitar, increases the price we have to sell at in order to make any profit.  Thanks again,

Les