Stormrayven

Suffering decision paralysis

Morning all,

So I’ve just come into a a little amount of money, nothing major but I’m now suffering from decision paralysis with the fear I’m looking to buy.

I currently have a court k5 and a katana 100 and I’m thinking of finally upping my gear.

im torn between the schecter Nick Johnston, fender hss prof dark knight, charvel dk24 and even the bc rich shredzilla. Any advice would be helpful.

I play mainly blues/rock/metal and folk actually I know strange mix.

amo wise I’m looking at going for my first tube amp and settled in the Hughes and Kettner tubemiester 20 and I’m building my pedal board so not too worried about pedals at the mo.

mainly just interested in guitar advice.

many thanks

Storm

This sounds like a case of the classic “try them all and see which talks to you” but, really, that’s your best option. 

Plus, half the fun of getting new gear is the hunt; the research, the YouTube videos, the reviews, checking prices…

Of the models you’ve listed, I’d probably be boring and go for the Fender for no better reason than Classic looks, versatility, they look mean in black and resale value down the line.  But that’s just me - you need to find the guitar that fits you. 

Just to make things harder, have you thought about a Kiesel A6?

Good amp choice by the way.

Good luck with the hunt and have fun looking

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Skinnyman said:

This sounds like a case of the classic “try them all and see which talks to you” but, really, that’s your best option. 

Plus, half the fun of getting new gear is the hunt; the research, the YouTube videos, the reviews, checking prices…

Of the models you’ve listed, I’d probably be boring and go for the Fender for no better reason than Classic looks, versatility, they look mean in black and resale value down the line.  But that’s just me - you need to find the guitar that fits you. 

Just to make things harder, have you thought about a Kiesel A6?

Good amp choice by the way.

Good luck with the hunt and have fun looking

This ^^^^

There really is no substitute for actually trying them out, preferably side by side, but that’s not always possible. Try as many as you can, but be open to anything that might catch your eye too.