ubit

Hi from Basschat

Hi there, I have been on Basschat for years now and am primarily a bass player. I played in a covers band as singer and bass player for many years. I always tinkered with guitar and own a Mex Fender Tele and a home made Strat and also a Taylor 214 acoustic. I would love to get better on the six string and wanted to join this forum for any help that I could get and possibly  try and find another guitar that I can get more serious on. Glad to be aboard and look forward to chatting with anyone who is interested

I am also a double agent @ubit - more an acoustic guitar player than bass... ATM.

I'm looking for a Taylor acoustic - I'll probably end up buying something new but I never order things blindly - I always go and find somewhere to try what I think I want to buy and spent a bit of time - I'm not swayed or impressed by matters names, reputations or reviews - the feel in my hands and of the guitar indoors me are what matter but I'm here looking to see what suggestions for alternatives to the Taylor might be worth noting before I head off to some actual stores.

One thing I've discovered quite recently is that trying a non standard tuning has subtly coerced me into playing finger style more - I have a cedar top Seagull S6 which I've decided to use for experiments in alternative tunings and that's why I'm now looking for a second acoustic guitar and I'd prefer something with a Sitka spruce top like my old Yamaha guitar. What's wrong with your 214? Sounds like it's perfectly OK - I always argue with myself that better gear doesn't make me a better musician which is what I really want.

Edited by lemonstar