John_P

Post your pedal board

20181010_143236.jpg

Just my luck for the photo to be at an odd angle.  Mine's pretty simple and set up about 80's sounds.  The Amptweaker Tight Rock is at the centre of it all.  The sidetrak channel goes into a Keeley Seeing Eye modded Boss DS1 (or sometimes a Joyo JF14 American Sound).  Before the Tight Rock is (in order) an Xotic Wah, Effectrode PC2 Compressor, Empress Parametric eq (which may go back to the bass board it came from).  The Tight Rock then goes into a Nux Chorus Core (featuring stereo tri-chorus) and then a Mooer Ocean Machine for reverb and dual delays.  I still have a Lexicon MPXG2 in storage which may replace some of it one day.  This board does everything I ask of it from funky chorussed, scratched clean chords in the 4th strat position to Highway To The Danger Zone type distortion.

• Like 1

No photos.... actually, I've never used a traditional pedalboard as such, just put the pedals I was using on the floor.... Collection includes: early Russian Big Muff (green one; still boxed in the wooden box they came in - I gather it's quite collectable now), Dunlop Phasor (blue box, early 90s RI), JD Cry Baby, a nice Boss-clone OD I found on eBay, Boss BF-3, Boss Tuner, Boss Power Source, Spark mini boost, one of those Chinese mini-Klones... maybe one or two others. Also my main amp is a Vox AD120vt with the VC12 pedal board, though I've never much used that as of yet.... As the years have worn on, nice as it is to have that variety of sounds available at home, if I were to get the chance to play out again, these days I'm much more into just a basic sound rather than using as many effects. When my flat is finished redecorating to the Higher Power's standards, I plan to set up the VC12 and all properly to still use at home, but I'm increasingly leaning towards the idea of getting myself just something like the AC version  of those Vox nutube heads, and a 2x12" cab, and adding just a few minipedals to a small board - boost, drive, reverb, trem, echo. Basic rockabilly/psychobilly sound. Tmpted by one of the Dunlop mini-FuzzFaces (the Hendrix model), though that's far more ac ase of "oh, shiny!" than having any actual use for it.  I'll throw up a photo of that when I get it together, I'm sure. Tempted to sell the rest of the pedals, as in reality the VC12 and the amp have some great effects should I want to play with those at home, but.... there's something sentimental about pedals for me. Maybe if ever, one day, a boxed Russian Green muff shoots up even further in value. For now, it has a lot of sentimental value as it was my first pedal and I put a lot of hours in chugging away with that plugged into a little 10watt 'Park Son of Marshall G10R', then a Fender Performer 1000 in my bedroom at my parents' place in Ireland in the early-mid 90s... but if it got to be worth enough that it could buy me that Player Strat in Tidepool, well, maybe.... ;)

Not quite as it currently stands.. 

IMG_20180528_094818.thumb.jpg.d3c191ea05d01eed99e445370e1bf92f.jpg

The wireless on the right is gone, the Maxon Fuzz is now replaced by a Suhr Riot, and I've somehow squeezed in a Subdecay Octasynth and a Digitech CabDryVR. Oh and an ISP Decimator G string. I can route the input via the Fishman Aura or not depending on whether I plug in an acoustic in, but can use any of the fx either way, and have both an amp and DI output (and can loop an amp preamp into the o/d loop). Power brick underneath and a pedalsnake cable to and from whatever its plugged into. 

You should see my old board. Now that was even wider. 

• Like 1

Update time for mine:  Two changes...

1) I took the DS1 away and put the Joyo American Sound back

2) Rewired the entire board to take greater advantage of the Tight Rock side chain and effects loop. 

981078644_WeChatImage_20200322114129.thumb.jpg.355e58ba8d90d26f97a0d1948f81aceb.jpg

So now the signal chain goes wah-> chorus -> TR -> Ocean Machine -> amps

The TR has the following loops: 

Side chain: (Clean) Empress Para Eq -> Effectrode PC2 comp
Effects loop: (Dirty) Joyo JF14 -> Freq Out

All budget stuff nothing fancy but gets the job done(mostly). I'm only a begginer but like to get close to the sound of the piece I'm trying to play. Have done that way too many times learnt a piece ,practiced for ages just with an unplugged guitar. Then found it sounds all wrong after adding the effects.

Kokko compression,mosky noise gate,mosky golden horse overdrive,caline Englishman distortion, and finally my trusty ancient rp55 for anything else. Though mostly as a drum machine to keep me in time

All played through an old Peavey blazer 158. Total cost around £160 including the amp(£20 from eBay like new) and a cheap wireless setup.

The mosky golden horse is copy of I think a klon centaur? I might be wrong but for the price it's really impressive.

So there's my super budget setup. It keeps me out of trouble. Except for with my wife! Oh and the neighbors

20200508_154911.jpg

• Like 2

Update time, the Effectrode PC2A valve comp has been replaced by a twenty quid Joyo!! The Joyo was just cleaner sounding and it sits in the clean side chain along with the para eq and a trichorus pedal for a spot of eighties sparkle. 

The Joyo American Sound now acts like a tone filter and sits in front of the Tight Rock, pushing it, and the TR ggoesstraint to the Ocean Machine delay/reverb.  The effects loop on the Tight Rock adds extra gain silliness with the Joyo JF15 and the Digitech Freq Out.  

The pedals have been shifted about to make room for the second Joyo and the wah is now on the left,  which is nice for a left footer like me.  Half tempted to open it up and see if I can swap the in and out jacks over. imageproxy.php?img=&key=e970ede7b0f662e8

IMG_20200920_210500.jpg

That position occupied by the California Sound is going to be pretty handy too.  I can potentially stick any gain pedal in there for experimentation without screwing up my main sound or having to rewire the board.   I'll probably try my unloved DS1 with keeley mod in there later today and see what happens. 

• Like 1

I stuck the DS1 in and it added a nice amount of top end back into the mix but also more of a Marshall flavour.  I took delivery of a Mosky Silver Horse today too, and threw it in place of the California Sound.  It kicks righteous arse in that location, loads of raw midrange snarl.  Standalone it's like a tube screamer, so lots of mids.  It actually reminds me of NZ music in the 80's, especially with chorus.  I guess a tube screamer must have been a staple on many guitar parts.  Even the theme from Magnum PI...anyway, so it seems to work better as a boost pedal or medium low gain pedal for adding grit. 

After years of using multi-fx units, I’ve moved to a pedal board;

4C8853B7-34D5-45C9-88AE-7EA8B9DE2BB1.thumb.jpeg.06a74d343e68444a1ed1590e566fe24d.jpeg

A Strymon Ojai power supply (very impressed with that), EHX Soul Food drive pedal, Boss OS2 overdrive/distortion, Boss DD2 delay, EHX Oceans 11 reverb and a Boss RC2 looper.

E1D313F0-5359-4512-9974-65B47CB04985.thumb.jpeg.4bcdbf1d536972932c4a7db39928d6bd.jpeg

Seen in proper context here with the EHX wah pedal and a Zoom A1 Four acoustic multi-fx.

I plug the piezo pickup of my PRS into the Zoom and set it to emulate a Martin D28 (and any other effects I want on the acoustic side) while the magnetic pickups go into the pedal board.

Great fun 😁

On 05/03/2021 at 05:14, Fatladattheback said:

Two nano + One for utilities and overdrive into the front end and one for mods in the effects loop. Also easy to build one acoustic board as needed. Sorry about the rug...it’s not very rock and roll.

D60AE290-4122-49B4-B3B3-A14E93C05278.jpeg

We have a similar floor... 

I have finally tidied the mess in front of my amp with a home (work) made pedalboard, spent ages trying to hide cables to suit a minor OCD/hate of cables and wires !

Pedal order from the effects loop on my amp:

Amp Loop Send - Tuner - Noise Gate - Compressor - Tube Screamer - Amp Modeler - Acoustic Simulator - Chorus - Delay - Looper - Amp Loop Return

Guitar plugs direct in to the amp.

Pedalboard.jpg

Edited by Chudallica
  • Like 2

Just putting together a little test board together. I'm just waiting for an EBS flat TRS cable for the exp pedal to arrive, then I can get rid of the clunky one that's there now. Not decided on the drive between the Good Vibes and the Wah yet though.

IMG_5514.thumb.jpg.a8953c95d81a26fc5afc9277461e221f.jpg

Minimalist board. Uses an Amoon power supply fitted to underside. All cables routed and clipped - I gigged this board with my bass so 'stage safe' is good.

Current set-up is for my Tele into the Fender Champ, but exact same board works very well indeed for fretless bass.

The Hall of Fame is a very recent addition replacing a cheapo HB vintage delay (which was surprisingly good).

The Hall of Fame is really excellent, I know there's a V2 now but the original seems to do all I want and more, very well. (70 quid off Basschat 😃)

Anyone interested I recommend the Amoon power supplies, 8 outputs (9v), ultra quiet, never faltered at all.

pb1.jpg

Edited by Soledad

Board update - there was a gap at the end needed filling. @Chiliwailer came good with a Fender Santa Ana Drive pedal.

That's it now I reckon. This sounds lush - Tele through the board into Champ valve combo (which is crazy clean, hence the drive pedal).

Lights up lovely too - tasty blue LEDs on the drive EQ. Like the nightmare before Christmas.👍

pb2.jpg

• Haha 1