Kiwi

Dream Rig - what would be yours?

If you could have a dream set up, money no object, what would you get?  The limits are three guitars, 5 effects (including multi effects or preamps), one amp and a cab or two combo amps.  The only constraint is that you MUST be honest, no diving straight for the '58 Les Paul sunbursts or Dumble ODS because you can.  You have to be a genuine fan of the kit.  Here's mine:

Guitars:
Customised Martyn Booth Signature HSH
Suhr Modern Carved Top (HSS) with sustainer and midboost
PRS Single Cut Archtop

Effects: 
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Effectrode PC2A compressor
Amptweaker Tight Rock Pro
Kemper Profiler head (non powered)
Boss Waza Dimension D pedal

Amp: 
Mesa Boogie MkV 1x12 combo
Roland JC120 combo

What's yours?

Ooh, this is for me! Although, I’m a bit sad about the Dumble ODS as that was my first thought. However, I’ll make do.

Guitars: Anderson Drop T with P90s; Gibson Eric Johnson ES335; Gretsch Brian Setzer signature 6120.

Amps: Brunetti Mercury 50 with matching 2x12; Suhr Bella combo.

FX: Strymon Flint; Strymon Big Sky; Strymon El Capistrano; Fuzz Face; ; Zendrive.

Edited by ezbass

I'm pretty much already served as far as dream guitars go, but I'd like to add a Thinline Tele Deluxe to the park, and a Ricky 360 (can I have a sixer and a 12-string please, natural finish..?). I have the few Fx i want, too, but my Roland Space Echo is showing its age somewhat, so I'd like it to be refurbished. My amps are decent, but, again, a Roland JC120 and a Fender Twin Reverb wouldn't go amiss, and would complement the JC50 and Bassman I already use. That's all, folks. B|

19 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

I'm pretty much already served as far as dream guitars go, but I'd like to add a Thinline Tele Deluxe to the park, and a Ricky 360 (can I have a sixer and a 12-string please, natural finish..?). I have the few Fx i want, too, but my Roland Space Echo is showing its age somewhat, so I'd like it to be refurbished. My amps are decent, but, again, a Roland JC120 and a Fender Twin Reverb wouldn't go amiss, and would complement the JC50 and Bassman I already use. That's all, folks. B|

I almost had the Space Echo in my list. I tried one in a shop back in the ‘80s and was mightily impressed and, of course, Brian Setzer uses them and I’m a big fan of his. In fact, I must edit my guitar list.

Edited by ezbass
  • Like 1

At this point: 

- Custom Strat with the normal appointments you'd expect on a Player type but a 21 Fret, baked-maple neck with a 7.25 radius and soft V profile. Pots per the 50s style, with two extra mini-switches to given the option of bridge and neck / all three pups, and mute. 

- Nocaster Type Tele, wired like a 'Broadcaster'

- Gretsch 6120

- One of those Teles with a single p90 in the bridge, otherwise set up like a 51. 

- a non-cutaway  archtop of some sort. 

For am amp, the fantasy is something that look exactly like an old, tweedy Fender 1x12, with solid state guts that are indistinguishable from tube in sound, and can switch between a 5w and a 15w tube equivalent (both in sound and volume). NO on-board f/x  - unless you count reverb, though I can live without that. Single channel. 

F/X wise, a decent reverb pedal (if none on the amp), a slap-back echo, clean boost, a decent classic OD, tremolo. 

For bass, the ideal is even easier: 

My Brandoni P-type

A Fender 57-type P Bass in LPB

A big, tweedy bassman type amp, solid state. 

*Maybe* a Ric bass for the odd occasion I come over a bit early Glen Matlock. And I've always fancied the idea of a P bass with a slab body shaped like either a Firebird or an RD (but otherwise still a p-bass in every aspect, including a bolt on neck). 

As I am primarily a bass player my guitar choices are simple. A Gibson Les Paul Standard sunburst,Gibson ES 335 pearl white, Gibson Firebird sunburst.

As for amps and speakers it would have to be Marshall all the way.