Skinnyman

GAS attack

4 hours ago, Skinnyman said:

the one I left with was an SE Custom 24 (a 2019 limited edition in bilious green with roasted maple neck).

The neck is just a joy to play and is what sold me on the guitar (and ignore the colour).

C’mon, you know the rules, photos or it didn’t happen. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Si600 said:

Sorry Skinz, but that looks like a Wickes melamine kitchen worktop that's been glued on and polished. 

The rest of it looks nice though 👌 

No worries, it is a bit bilious.

From what I can work out, they only did a roasted maple neck in the SE range in this colour so it’s not like I had any other options - but fortunately, I don’t give a stuff about the colour, it’s just a dream to play. 😁

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, leftybassman392 said:

Call me a weirdo if you must, but I actually quite like it. Not convinced it goes with the fretboard hue if I'm honest, but whatevs...

Er, okay.

Weirdo.

I’m not a massive fan of quilted finishes or highly-figured grain anyway but in fairness the combo probably works better in the flesh than pictures.

The good thing is, I only have to play it and don’t have to look at it 😁

Edited by Skinnyman
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 16/05/2021 at 00:29, leftybassman392 said:

What, like this you mean?:

image.thumb.jpeg.eb8b5fdb08568e31add107dd87d6a0ea.jpeg

On 16/05/2021 at 02:22, Dad3353 said:

... or this ..?

wJPP2i3.jpg

Quite.

They’re very lovely as pieces of furniture or as art but I can take or leave them as guitars

11 minutes ago, leftybassman392 said:

Well you're not f****ing taking mine mateypoo.

So there! 41.gif

*Sigh*

This forum definitely needs an iniquitous place to hang out. :/

Charming, I’m sure.

But yes, I agree. We need more iniquity around here. Or… what’s the opposite of iniquity? Perhaps there’s scope for an equal and opposite? Less militaristic and more hippy-like?

And where’s your NGD post? Or are you keeping it to yourself?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Skinnyman said:

And where’s your NGD post? Or are you keeping it to yourself?

Haven't had one of those for a while now (the custom Tele is from 2013, and is posted somewhere or other around here). Tell you what though, I could post some picks of my last NGD. Two years ago if memory serves, but who's counting?

1. Did I need it? No.

2. Have I used it in anger? No.

3. Will I ever actually make any remotely worthwhile music with it? Who can tell?... Probably not though.

4. Is it nice to look at? I think so, but hang around and judge for yourself...

If that doesn't qualify it as a vanity purchase then I don't know what does. xD

Give me a while to wind up the camera and I'll post up some pics. (I'm assuming there's an NGD thread around here somewhere...?)

On 14/05/2021 at 06:34, Si600 said:

Sorry Skinz, but that looks like a Wickes melamine kitchen worktop that's been glued on and polished. 

The rest of it looks nice though 👌 

I think that edge of 'artificial' look is why I quite like it! Nice to see a maple board on this sort of thing for a change, too. 

On 18/05/2021 at 21:08, leftybassman392 said:

Haven't had one of those for a while now (the custom Tele is from 2013, and is posted somewhere or other around here). Tell you what though, I could post some picks of my last NGD. Two years ago if memory serves, but who's counting?

1. Did I need it? No.

2. Have I used it in anger? No.

3. Will I ever actually make any remotely worthwhile music with it? Who can tell?... Probably not though.

4. Is it nice to look at? I think so, but hang around and judge for yourself...

If that doesn't qualify it as a vanity purchase then I don't know what does. xD

Give me a while to wind up the camera and I'll post up some pics. (I'm assuming there's an NGD thread around here somewhere...?)

Update: I've just now posted some piccies of my most recent acquisition on the NGD thread:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiwi said:

I can sell you a set of PRS Mira pickups...a much cheaper way to release the gas.

That’s a kind offer but my GAS is satisfied for the moment (we’ll, I’m after a new synth but guitar-wise I’m sorted). The bilious green Custom 24 is a keeper and I no longer need a Mira 😁

9 hours ago, Skinnyman said:

That’s a kind offer but my GAS is satisfied for the moment (we’ll, I’m after a new synth but guitar-wise I’m sorted). The bilious green Custom 24 is a keeper and I no longer need a Mira 😁

Pics please!

7 hours ago, Kiwi said:

Pics please!

What Ez said… 😁

The more I play it, the more I fall in love with that neck. I have another PRS (the Hollowbody) which has a regular rosewood fingerboard and a slightly different scale length and that’s also very nice but the roasted maple on the 24 is just fantastic. I don’t know if all Custom 24s are the same or if it’s a characteristic of the roasted maple, but whatever it is, it’s lovely.

Just a shame about the puke-bowl colour but even that’s growing on me

Edited by Skinnyman
  • Thanks 1