ibanezImy

My recording improvisations

12 hours ago, FrankAtari said:

You sound so natural, very well done. I am learning guitar and I am no way as smooth as you are.

Thank you for the amazing feedback comment, some advise, take breaths in between phrases, take each phrase into sections or bite size them, if your getting into soloing like myself, just play as slow as possible to start of, then work your way up with what time you have! Keep rocking my friend!

Thanks a lot for your advise, it is much appreciated. I'll try to play slowly and see what happens. I like improvising but it's gonna take a while before I get something decent out of my guitar. I also checked your youtube channel and it's very good you've a nice collection of videos. What I find challenging at present is to understand how to set my guitar. It sounds good, but you can hear the single notes being played, like the classical guitar. I was told to buy overdrive and compressor but still I can't get that nice violin like sound.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FrankAtari said:

Thanks a lot for your advise, it is much appreciated. I'll try to play slowly and see what happens. I like improvising but it's gonna take a while before I get something decent out of my guitar. I also checked your youtube channel and it's very good you've a nice collection of videos. What I find challenging at present is to understand how to set my guitar. It sounds good, but you can hear the single notes being played, like the classical guitar. I was told to buy overdrive and compressor but still I can't get that nice violin like sound.

When I mean playing slow I mean with a slow bpm or metronome. You can get free metronome apps or search for a 60 BPM drum loop up to 75 BPM to start.

To get decent tone it's a bit hard with out listening to it. Try make a recording of your phone. I'll try to work out what you need to get a decent starter tone. 

And thanks for watching my videos my friend. It helps me grow on YouTube. 

Keep rocking! 

Hi there, this latest video is great. Your guitar sounds amazing. What is your gear by the way? You know guitar model, overdrive or whatever? Thanks for offering to listen to my tone. I'll try to record my guitar. I am not sure how, but I'll try. Actually my tone is very good (in my opinion) I have a decent guitar and cople of good pedals. The only problem is that it does not sing like yours, when you play I can't hear any plucking. That is not the case with my guitar, which is fine, but I would like an optional tone apart from my standard, if you see what I mean.

12 hours ago, FrankAtari said:

Hi there, this latest video is great. Your guitar sounds amazing. What is your gear by the way? You know guitar model, overdrive or whatever? Thanks for offering to listen to my tone. I'll try to record my guitar. I am not sure how, but I'll try. Actually my tone is very good (in my opinion) I have a decent guitar and cople of good pedals. The only problem is that it does not sing like yours, when you play I can't hear any plucking. That is not the case with my guitar, which is fine, but I would like an optional tone apart from my standard, if you see what I mean.

Thank you for the kind comments again! I'm using:

The Amp: MARSHALL MG102CFX ELECTRIC AMP - 100 W (to be exact) ( it's very loud on volume 2 or 3)

The Guitar: IBANEZ LEFT HANDED S521L-MOL MAHOGANY OIL Electric guitars Electric Left handed

Also recently purchased a SPARK amp because i have to stop my endless collection of pedals, i love my delay pedals lol 

I use the Marshall Amp for my videos as i really love the features of FX, Delay, Reverb etc.. it has.. And the fact you can connect any device via AUX cable.  But i think its mainly the guitar that really gives the sound of tone, from what I've seen its based on the pickups on the guitar that give the tone?. correct me if I'm wrong.. But in the videos im not using any pedals, just delay from the AMP its self

Edited by ibanezImy