P9uma

aaaand another new poster.

Hi, thought I’d join a forum to see what the craic is. I have owned an acoustic guitar for about 11 years, apart from a few weeks of trying it out when I first got it I haven’t touched it for at least 10 years. 

I picked it up again four weeks ago and have been practicing every day since. I haven’t got a clue what I’m doing but it doesn’t matter, I’m enjoying the process. I’ve just discovered the JustinGuitar site, he seems to know what he’s doing, so I’m trying that out. 

I used to be a mediocre drummer in various bands for 40 odd years, so I can count to four, aside from that I know the square root of feck all about playing guitar. 

Hopefully I’ll pick up some tips about the dark art of the F bar chord amongst other things. 
  • Like 1

Good evening, P9uma, and ...

Sq1J2dj.gif

Plenty to read and amuse you here, and lots to learn and share. rWNVV2D.gif

Dark art, indeed. Here's a tip for you ... You don't have to bar all the strings, especially when beginning. Use a fingering for the top four strings for an 'F' chord when playing those tunes. To practise barred chords, go up to the eighth fret and get 'em right there (it's a 'C' chord, by the way...), then, once you're happy with that, move down a fret, progressively, till you get back to 'F'.
I learned on an unplayable 'cheese-wire' Russian 'Spanish' guitar, using the Mickey Baker book. From that experience, I learned to play mostly three- or four-string chords, instead of full barres. Just a tip, then; don't feel that you have to play all six strings all the time. T'ain't so. B|

• Like 1