hippydude

EPIPHONE MASTERBILT DR-500MCE

Dose anyone know if the Epiphone DR 500MCE Masterblit Electro acoustic comes with two pick ups ?  I got a new one and i thought they should be a pickup at the bottom of the fret board but mine didnt come with one . so i just want to make sure before i send it back .

7 hours ago, hippydude said:

... mine didnt come with one...

Are you sure about that..? How would you know..? Here's the Full Description, taken from the Gear4Music site ...

https://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Epiphone-DR-500MCE-Masterbilt-Electro-Acoustic-Natural-Nearly-New/2D68

'...
Pickups and Hardware
The NanoFlex™ pickup positioned under the bone saddle is a low-impedance pickup that not only picks up string vibrations but also top and body vibrations as well for a truly acoustic tone. Complimenting the NanoFlex is the revolutionary NanoMag™ pickup mounted at the end of the fingerboard. Exclusively from Shadow, the NanoMag features 3 Samarian-Cobalt magnets and an integrated active circuit to capture all the highs and lows, including a wide range of harmonics.

Hope this helps. B|

Edited by Dad3353

56 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

Are you sure about that..? How would you know..? Here's the Full Description, taken from the Gear4Music site ...

https://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Epiphone-DR-500MCE-Masterbilt-Electro-Acoustic-Natural-Nearly-New/2D68

'...
Pickups and Hardware
The NanoFlex™ pickup positioned under the bone saddle is a low-impedance pickup that not only picks up string vibrations but also top and body vibrations as well for a truly acoustic tone. Complimenting the NanoFlex is the revolutionary NanoMag™ pickup mounted at the end of the fingerboard. Exclusively from Shadow, the NanoMag features 3 Samarian-Cobalt magnets and an integrated active circuit to capture all the highs and lows, including a wide range of harmonics.

Hope this helps. B|

Take a look at this its the same guitar as the one you posted in your link but different pickups , this is like mine only i have vintage sunburst , The shop i got it from shows it with the neck pickup in there picture but it came like the one in the link i sent .

Epiphone DR-500MCE Acoustic Guitar in Natural - Andertons Music Co.

Edited by hippydude

It would appear, from having searched around a bit, that this model is now being fitted with the Fishman system, and not the E-Sonic. Why..? No clear reply so far, but the E-Sonic does not have unanimous approval from buyers, apparently. Most vendors are up-dating their sites, but some are slower than others. Your acquisition is fine, and is missing nothing, unless you specifically bought it for that E-Sonic version, now out of production. B| 

• Like 1