Rocksmithandjones07

Not saying unique, but definitely different!

Hi. First post and am interested to see/hear/read any reaction to my story so far....

Firstly, I have learnt what I know and attained whatever level of playing without outside teaching, any theory, nor could I tell you what note I'm playing at anytime.

Here goes......

I learnt from scratch using Rocksmith!! My entire ambition when I picked up a guitar was to simply be able to be the guy at a party, gathering, call it what you will who could pick up a guitar and vaguely produce something people would recognise as a song. That's it!

However, I got the bug and put hours and I stress hours into what amounts to nothing more than a kids PC game, just playing the given notes in time displayed on the screen. This obviously led to the old 'rinse and repeat' cycle and though still having no knowledge of theory over time I have a reasonable 'cover catalogue' (10 -15 songs) I can play from memory.

I understand this would make many purists sick to the stomach and regard myself as the equivalent of mime artist selling themselves as a lead vocalist.

Here ends the introduction.....

FIRE AT WILL!!!....

LOL.

Welcome!

And no need to be ashamed of anything - a good friend of mine learnt using Rocksmith (I think it was an earlier incarnation under a different name....guitarbot? Or maybe a different thing entirely but the same concept). As a way of getting familiar with what actual sounds are where on the fretboard, picking technique, etc, I think it’s brilliant.

What you now have is a really strong foundation on which to build - but the bottom line is, you’ve achieved what you set out to achieve and, presumably, got some enjoyment and satisfaction from doing so. That’s got to be something to celebrate.

Good evening, RS&J, and ...

Sq1J2dj.gif

Plenty to read and amuse you here, and lots to learn and share. rWNVV2D.gif

Don't sell yourself short. (I'm assuming that no kittens were killed in all of this..?). I don't know of anyone as 'purist' as that, thank goodness; if there are any, that's their sadness, not yours. -_-

Edited by Dad3353