EliasMooseblaster

Leslie speaker sims - mad idea #509

I apologise for asking a keyboard-related question on a guitar forum...but it does involve guitar pedals!

I recently found, to my delight, that I could make my not-very-fancy keyboard produce a more convincing Electric Organ sound by running the output through a Joyo British Sound (basically a Marshall-esque preamp pedal). Whilst I'm very pleased with this discovery, it's a bit limited if I want to sound like anyone other than Jon Lord.

Now, I'm aware there's a range of pedals designed to simulate a Leslie speaker for guitarists. Just wondering - before I get tempted to spend a not-insignificant amount of money - whether anyone's tried running a keyboard through one of these, and how good/terrible did it sound?

22 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

Anything here to tempt you..? ...

Lesley Rotary Fx ...

An important point to note would be the simulation, not only of the speed, but of the acceleration/deceleration, too, which add much to the Lesley panoply of sounds. Just sayin'. B|

Oh, quite a lot to tempt me - thank you for digging that up!

I'm also kicking myself for not guessing why the two version of the EHX pedal were so named - of course, "K" denoted keyboards, and "G" guitars. (I blame it being Friday when I first started looking...) Quite encouraged to see that a lot of the others claim to be equally suitable for keys and guitars: if I'm going to invest in a pedal then that versatility is a definite plus!

• Thanks 1