DrFingeryaguts

Chibson pickup cable wired up incorectly?

I have stripped the electrics from my Chibson Les Paul (using new pickups & keeping the old for spares), and as the pickups only had two wires coming from them, I decided to open the bridge pickup and mod it for coil splitting.

The braided earth side of the wire went to the coil with the screws (south), and the white wire went to the blank coil side (north).

If this has been wired up wrong, I'll have to wire it up the correct way around (no problem), but do I turn the magnet as well now that the electrical flow is in the opposite direction?

Edited by DrFingeryaguts

I just found the info I need on youtube, and it was wired up correctly.

But I find it odd that when coil splitting, we would be using the North coil, when the south would surely be a better choice.

This is where the coil spliting wiring diagram confusion was coming in, I assumed they would use the better coil, obviously, naaaaaa.  :)  

Now that I have modded these I can throw them in the junk draw in the safe knowledge that they are modded for future use and that I wont use them again. :)

Edited by DrFingeryaguts