sayyywhat

Noise in my mains circuit

Upon plugging in my newly acquired 80's vox venue amp, I noticed a huge amount of fuzz/noise which I sound determined was coming the internet powerline running through the house. It seems to go away only when I unplug the powerline (makes sense, less noise in the mains circuit).Is there any cheap alternative around this without having to unplug my powerline every time I want to jam? I'm assuming your standard power extender with surge protection won't work and I need some sort of noise filter?

On 23/11/2020 at 20:51, sayyywhat said:

Upon plugging in my newly acquired 80's vox venue amp, I noticed a huge amount of fuzz/noise which I sound determined was coming the internet powerline running through the house. It seems to go away only when I unplug the powerline (makes sense, less noise in the mains circuit).Is there any cheap alternative around this without having to unplug my powerline every time I want to jam? I'm assuming your standard power extender with surge protection won't work and I need some sort of noise filter?

We have cpl all around our stone cottage, and have amps and audio equipment everywhere, too. Our cpl do not give off parasitic signals, and nor should they. Here's what we use ...

TP-Link Cpl ...

Worth trying out..? If not satisfied, return them, but they do a fine job for us. B|