Bob39

Very confused switching channels

Okay. Here goes.

I want to use my peavy 6505 on the lead channel with an overdrive pedal, eq pedal and noise gate all switched on. At the click of a button, I want to change to the clean channel, switch off the overdrive, eq and noise gate and switch on a reverb, chorus and compressor. 

I was watching a video with a professional musician going through his pedal board and he all but said he can achieve this by clicking his “fx on switch”. Can someone explain how I can do this please ? 

The Amptweaker Tight Rock, or any of their other gain pedals, has a side chain loop for clean effects plus an effects loop for when the gain side is engaged.  So basically you can scene change with the press of a button.  But you'll have to buy pedals for each side. 

I believe the most recent versions allow you to send a signal to separate amps too. 

Amptweaker was started by the guy who designed the 5150 amp.  So it could make your 6505 sound like a 5150 too.