jazzyvee

Which to let go, Fender Twin Amp or Roland JC120

Coronavirus aside, i have been doing a lot less gigs on guitar in the last 10yrs or so and more on bass and have thought about selling off some of my guitar gear.

The small stuff is no problem but I have a dilemma. I have a mid 90's Fender Twin Amp 100W  (The Evil Twin) and a Vintage Roland JC120 and I can't decide which if any to let go. Although older the JC120 was a more recent purchase maybe 8yrs ago when I bought a guitar with separate pickup outs. But I've used it mostly for gigs because it's lighter to carry. They both are incredible sounding amps. The only thing I am not enthused about the JC120 is ironically the chorus, which always sounds slightly out of tune. There is nothing I dislike about the Fender Twin except the weight. Both are in my view incredible sounding and. performing amps.

Any suggestions based on your experience with both amps. I don't have to sell them for financial reasons it's more that they are not being used much and it may be better to let one of them go to someone who gigs more on guitar than I do. But I know that whichever I let go of will be regretted.

If I was to sell both I would want to replace them with a more compact setup that allows me to use a stereo pre amp and power amp and hopefully a lightweight  2x12 stereo cab so suggestions for those would be welcome. For the preamp I'd prefer one that has a lot of clean headroom so I can play loud and clean and add the dirt with pedals.

On 17/10/2020 at 19:33, ezbass said:

If it’s the weight of the Twin that’s the only issue, I’d be inclined to sell both and buy a Fender Tone Master Twin.

https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/190603344423008--fender-tone-master-twin-reverb-amp

I was thinking sell both but what to buy next?  It depends...I'd probably shop around for an old Mesa Boogie 1x12 combo like a Calibre .22.  The .22 can do Fender cleans, wicked distortion and is relatively well behaved with pedals.