TheRock

How to read a Wiring Assembly Blueprint

So I want to buy a strat in series. I’m at the fender site right now but it doesn’t tell me the wiring of these guitars I’m looking at. But it does let me see the “blueprint” of each guitar. So my question is:

is there way to tell if a guitar is in series by just looking at the blueprint? If so how?
And I’ve asked Fender twice but they have not responded.

2 hours ago, TheRock said:

So I want to buy a strat in series. I’m at the fender site right now but it doesn’t tell me the wiring of these guitars I’m looking at. But it does let me see the “blueprint” of each guitar. So my question is:

is there way to tell if a guitar is in series by just looking at the blueprint? If so how?
And I’ve asked Fender twice but they have not responded.

Have a look here for information on this ...

Adding 'series' switching to a Strat ...

Strat's are wired for parallel combining of pick-ups; this gives the classic 'Fender' tones. If wired in parallel, there will be more output, but the frequencies of that output will be different (lacking in treble...). There must be a valid reason for wanting this; what inspires you to go down this route..? Maybe a Strat is not the guitar you're after..? Where does this idea come from..?

10 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

There must be a valid reason for wanting this; what inspires you to go down this route..? Maybe a Strat is not the guitar you're after..? Where does this idea come from..?

I want a strat because I like the feel of it.

And I’m guessing you’re asking why I want a guitar in series? Lol so I came across a site that talked about parallel and series wiring (which I never knew about, I’m still kinda new to this guitar life lol) and I’ve learned that guitars in series are noticeably louder, it emphasizes low and mid tones which I LOVE. :) and ppl have said it’s a perfect combo to drive any tube amp into saturation w/o the help of a booster.

so that’s why I want a guitar in series 

5 hours ago, TheRock said:

I want a strat because I like the feel of it.

And I’m guessing you’re asking why I want a guitar in series? Lol so I came across a site that talked about parallel and series wiring (which I never knew about, I’m still kinda new to this guitar life lol) and I’ve learned that guitars in series are noticeably louder, it emphasizes low and mid tones which I LOVE. :) and ppl have said it’s a perfect combo to drive any tube amp into saturation w/o the help of a booster.

so that’s why I want a guitar in series 

Not wishing to be obtuse, but it sounds to me like you might just be looking for a couple of humbuckers. Switching two single-coil pickups into series effectively gives you a very wide-field humbucker, and the tone will be very similar: a bigger output, but with more emphasis on the mids than the highs. (Yes, it technically gives you a boost, and if your amp's close to saturating then it will produce more grit when hit with the series/HB signal...but it's quite a different tone. My own experience of using the coil-tap on my Tele to go between cleaner and dirtier tones wasn't a particularly successful one!)

You can get hold of twin-humbucker Strats, which I'd expect to sound pretty similar to a standard one rigged in series. Are you interested in using the single-coil sounds at all, or were you mostly looking for the sounds of the two in series? I'd be surprised if you couldn't get a twin-HB with a coil split, which would add neck and bridge single-coil sounds - you'd be missing the middle position, I realise, but it depends how dispensable you consider that one!

11 hours ago, TheRock said:

I want a strat because I like the feel of it....

4 hours ago, EliasMooseblaster said:

...You can get hold of twin-humbucker Strats, which I'd expect to sound pretty similar to a standard one rigged in series. Are you interested in using the single-coil sounds at all, or were you mostly looking for the sounds of the two in series? I'd be surprised if you couldn't get a twin-HB with a coil split, which would add neck and bridge single-coil sounds - you'd be missing the middle position, I realise, but it depends how dispensable you consider that one!

Yes, an HH Strat would be the way to go, I'd say. Have a look here; choose according to your budget ...

Anderton's : HH Strats (Fender and Squier...)...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EliasMooseblaster said:

..it sounds to me like you might just be looking for a couple of humbuckers...

..Are you interested in using the single-coil sounds at all, or were you mostly looking for the sounds of the two in series?

I didn’t even know what a humbucker was til i just searched it up, and apparently my guitar I have right now has a humbucker😂no wonder I like the sound.

And I guess single coils sound too bright, I don’t like that. I’m looking for the sound of the two together, which I guess is a Humbucker-like tone.

But thank you! I will start looking for guitars with Humbuckers :)

• Like 2