Late Bloomer

Help for a newbie

Hi all hope you can help. Tearing my hair out. Bought a behringer uphoria UM2 as my first audio interface. Plugged it into my windows pc and and a driver called usb audio codec appears. Sound from the pc is going into it fine. I set up the free version of Guitar Rig 5 as the amp sim but when i plug my guitar into the interface, nothing happens. When I look at the inputs in the audio section of Guitar Rig they are all showing as NOT CONNECTED. Spend a while online looking for troubleshooting guides but cant find a thing. Any advice welcome. Have I done something stupid? The installation instructions that came with the interface mentioned the need to download the latest usb driver but when I went to the website it was sending me to an external link. Also a behringer quickstart video on youtube says that there is no need to download anything. It should just plug and play

Beats me. I don’t how the Behringer works, but I’d have thought there’d be some sort of level indicator so you can set the gain. Therefore, I’d suggest that the fault lies either with the guitar, lead or interface input,  but I could be way off base.

Hi again just to add that the same problem occurs when I connect the interface to my IPad. Output sound from IPad to headphones in the interface is working fine but no signal when guitar plugged in. YouTube videos mention that the UM2 is class compliant and will work fine into Garage Band etc. Thanks for your help on this everyone

Hi all. Well I finally got sorted. Thanks for your help. I reinstalled the USB driver and configured it properly. Having great fun playing and (to me anyway) sounding like Andy Summers and Jimi Hendrix with some of the presets. I have a new question now. Is there a way I can play along to backing tracks on spotify/youtube through the headphones connected to the interface? At the moment only the Guitar is coming through and the sound from backing tracks is coming out of the PC.