TAR TEN

What to do....

Hi everyone,

Im a complete novice just getting started in my new adventure.

Quick question for you wise owls out there..

My ex got me an Epiphone Hummingbird pro ebony which is a fantastic looking guitar.

This was 3 years ago and as it was brand new i never took it out much until i had time to start playing which was a few months ago..

However i split up with Ex 2 years ago and it doesnt go down well with newbie tjat i have ex's gift...

Apart from that, i dont really like the sound from it and prefer my Yamaha FG-160

I would like to sell it to fund an electric but dont know how much it would be worth as i cant find similar. Its got all the stuff it came with, pic guard still covered...

Just wondering if anybody could give me a guide as to sell it privately or trade it in and its rough worth..

Thanks 

Rule NUmber 1: if you wqant to keep a gift from an ex, a new partner doesn't need to know that's where it came from! Better all round. 

But yeah, eBay will be a guide at one end - make sure to check completed sales for what they actually sell for rather than what people want. Reverb might be worth checking too. 

I had a girl that I got talking to from America. I never ever met her we just chatted online. Trouble is she got a bit over the top and serious to the extent that she asked me what my dream bass would be. Next thing I knew a brand new American Standard Fender Precision arrived. All custom charges were paid. I tried to give her the money for it but she categorically refused. When I met my current partner she wanted me to get rid of anything to do with  my exes. When she found out about this girl, who I still emailed now and again mostly out of guilt, she demanded that I cease all communication. I did but have never told her which bass is the one that she sent as she would want me to sell it. 

• Like 2

On 08/08/2021 at 11:56, ubit said:

I had a girl that I got talking to from America. I never ever met her we just chatted online. Trouble is she got a bit over the top and serious to the extent that she asked me what my dream bass would be. Next thing I knew a brand new American Standard Fender Precision arrived. All custom charges were paid. I tried to give her the money for it but she categorically refused. When I met my current partner she wanted me to get rid of anything to do with  my exes. When she found out about this girl, who I still emailed now and again mostly out of guilt, she demanded that I cease all communication. I did but have never told her which bass is the one that she sent as she would want me to sell it. 

Blimey.

Just….. blimey

19 hours ago, Skinnyman said:

Blimey.

Just….. blimey

Tell me about it. My band mates would not believe me when I told them a girl I had never met had sent me a brand new P bass. I found it hard to swallow myself I mean it was WAY too much and made me feel quite ill. It got worse when her husband emailed me and called me for everything. I didn't even know she was married. It gave me an out right enough.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, ubit said:

Tell me about it. My band mates would not believe me when I told them a girl I had never met had sent me a brand new P bass. I found it hard to swallow myself I mean it was WAY too much and made me feel quite ill. It got worse when her husband emailed me and called me for everything. I didn't even know she was married. It gave me an out right enough.

So this married woman becomes obsessed with you and buys (and ships) you a bass?

I’ve had a couple of stalkers over the years but none of them have bought me a bass. I wonder what I’m doing wrong?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Skinnyman said:

So this married woman becomes obsessed with you and buys (and ships) you a bass?

I’ve had a couple of stalkers over the years but none of them have bought me a bass. I wonder what I’m doing wrong?

Honestly mate, it was way over the top. She was obsessed. I would send her maybe two emails week and she would bombard me with emails. I was single at the time so put up with it. Once her husband mailed me I was angry at his attitude because he blamed me and I had no idea she was married. I had never even met her. After I had calmed down I cut right down on the mails because frankly it was making me very uncomfortable. She was a bit of a nutter I think. To be so obsessed with someone she had never met and had only watched a couple of videos of us playing was creepy. I still have the bass right enough 🤔

Edited by ubit
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, ubit said:

To be so obsessed with someone she had never met and had only watched a couple of videos of us playing was creepy.

Fortunately there are very few videos of me out there on the internet and my face isn’t in any of them so you’d have to recognise my buttocks to realise that it’s me….

• Haha 1