Skyline_UK

Possible to equalise pickup selection volumes on new guitar?

I just bought a Cort G290 FAT in Blueburst and am very pleased with it.  Amazing value for money in terms of materials and build.  There's just one thing I don't like about it.  It has two humbuckers and a five-position pickup selector switch; positions 1, 3 and 5 being the usual neck, both and bridge selections, with 2 and 4 being inside single coils and outer.  But positions 2 and 4 are about 30-40% quieter than the humbucking positions.  Switching mid-song between humbucker and single coil is not going to be a feasible option unless I use a volume booster on my pedalboard; a pain.  NB: There are only two knobs, overall tone and overall volume.  Is there a way to tweak/augment the wiring to equalise the volumes?  I'm not a fettler and leave my guitars alone in terms of delving below the covers.... 🙄 

I've uploaded a PDF of the guitar's schematic from the Cort web site.

Thanks!

G290FAT_Schematic.pdf

Edited by Skyline_UK
Forgot a bit of info.

Ah, the old combined pickup conundrum. I even find combined, full on humbuckers are not as strident as a soloed ‘bucker (same for single coils). Once you start only using 1 coil of each humbucker, you’re compounding that volume drop even more. I’m sure that there is some kind of active circuit mod that would help with your dilemma, but I don’t have any details. Sorry.

• Like 1