ezbass

Sire Launches Larry Carlton Range

Having taken the bass market by storm with their Marcus Miller endorsed basses, Sire is setting about doing the same with guitars, with none other than Larry Carlton as their flag bearer. All 3 models look pukka to my eyes. The video is bound to be a bit gushing given that Anderton’s sell them.

https://www.andertons.co.uk/guitar-dept/electric-guitars?#facet:307445734561667667583105114101&productBeginIndex:0&facetLimit:&orderBy:&pageView:grid&minPrice:&maxPrice:&pageSize:&

Interesting range. They certainly look to be bang on the money, and while I prefer the more traditional appointments that the Big F use (I'm not one for active pickups at all), it's nice to see somebody offer this sort of variation on a traditional theme at this price point. Must be plenty of players out there would welcome the active bass tech / superstrat style in a more 'traditional' package. I'm intrigued by the acoustic guitar selling with an included outboard preamp. Not something I've seen elsewhere. As a lefy, they don't seem to have any guitars that cater to me, but an unusually wide range of left handed basses. Im' not an active guy, but if they did one of those nice JBs with passive pickups, I'd definitely look at them as a contender. I do like the look of the passive, short-scape bass, though I'd prefer to stick with a full size neck, I think. One of those with a full scale neck and a pick-up akin to the original 51 P Bass design would be something...

Short scale basses are very on trend at the moment, I’m certainly interested in getting one (although preferring a wider nut width limits my choice at the lower end of the market). If Sire are successful with this guitar range, I imagine left handed ones would follow in short order.