FuNkShUi

What do i need?? Cab with pedals or combo?

I have just started playing in a duo with a friend.
Weve both been in wedding bands for a loooonngggg time and have recently decided to go the duo route.
Ideally i want to keep equipment to an absolute minimum.
I have played bass for years and really have had enough of luuging heavy equipment about.
I need to be able to cover a few different sounds.....  Acoustic ( sim if possible to save me bringing an acoustic guitar) , Clean, Gain, solo. And if possible id like to be able to play bass through it too. I know im possibly asking a lot hahaha!
So heres the real question....Is there any combos that can do this, that i could potentially sing through too?
Do i need to buy a combo and buy separate pedals?
Or could i buy a FRFR speaker with 2 inputs , and buy a multi effects pedal?
What do you think would work best?
What would you go for?

TBH, in your position I think I'd go for something like one of those Vox floorboards - https://reverb.com/uk/item/34994780-vox-tonelab-se-valvetronix-multi-effects-floorboard?locale=en-GB -  and if you need to supply your own PA, just  go through that. Bonus ball: if you're playing  a venue where there's a decent house pa, you have much less to carry. Don't think they're interchangeable with bass, tough they do do bass models which don't have to be particularly complex, imo - a godo bass sound is a good bass sound.... 

The purists will stone me for saying this, but I honestly think we're not far off seeing the death not only of huge amps that modern PAS have rendered redundant, but  on stage probably amps at all. I know when the Buddy Holly show was last in the West end, every single amp on stage was solely for set-dressing; all the guitas were through Line 6 Pods, and nobody ever noticed...