onelouderguitarband

Feedback on a guitar competition site

Hi Guys!

Just a quick request for some feedback, I'm not selling!

My friend and I who have both been playing for 20+ years have started a guitar competition site. I know I know!!

The main motivation, as geeks, is actually to (temporarily) get our hands on awesome guitars to play (and then sadly hand over to the winners)! I won't be aiming to make a profit - I just want to keep it rolling on so we can get some awesome guitars!

My question is this:
Would you prefer/would you feel more comfortable
A) to pay a low entry fee but have a smaller chance of winning or;
B) pay a higher entry fee but have a much better chance of winning?

Just interested to know your views/thoughts!

To gauge interest we've already launched with a giveaway of an Epiphone Les Paul Special and a paid entry for a Gibson Les Paul Special DC In blue stain as a test!

Thanks,

Ian

I've noticed this trend with "pay to enter"  competitions lately and they don't interest me in the slightest. It feels like a raffle at best, low level gambling at worst. Rather than paying £5 each to enter a few competitions I'd rather save that money in a "new gear fund".

I know that in other competitions you're paying with your information, with personal data that can be sold. With paid competitions it feels like giving up your information and paying for the privilege.

Edit: Just to clarify, I'm also choosing C - "No, I wouldn't participate in either format"

Edited by Rikki_Sixx
Clarification
  • Like 1