Stuwoolf

Hard Accoustic Guitar Case - Guidance Required

Hi,

Apologies for joining simply to ask a question. Thanks for allowing me to join.

I need a case for transporting my guitar on an flight, so probably a plastic shell case.

The 12 string guitar, measurements, (approx) are Lower Bout 420mm / 16.5", Waist 254mm / 10", Upper Bout 310mm / 12", Neck/Headstock 570mm / 22.5" and Overall length 1100mm / 43.5"

This case will subsequently be used purely to store the guitar so keeping the cost to a reasonable level (sub £100) is a must. I have tried a Gator Case but it was not wide enough so had to send it back.

Grateful for some suggestions.

is this guitar going in the hold of the aircraft or is it coming into the cabin with you? if it is going in the hold then the minimum i would use would be a Hiscox liteflite, it's not in your budget but i wouldn't use anything less in the hold of an aircraft, ideally a proper flight case would be the best option to keep it safe but these don't work great for general storage or taking on the bus as they are heavy.

the Hiscox ones do come up secondhand  quite often but i think you need the jumbo version which is only available in the pro and artist range so is rarer and more expensive. I have about 10 Hiscox cases and most were bought secondhand for under 60 quid, and I have paid as little as 30 quid for one! I don't really trust anything else

https://www.flightcasewarehouse.co.uk/industry/product.asp?item=custom-acoustic-flight-case-fits-all-3141-3981

https://www.hiscoxcases.com/collections/acoustic/products/jumbo-style-hard-guitar-case

If the guitar is Definitely going in the cabin then just go for whatever fits in your budget.

Matt